Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Where are we now? You ask...

Well, we had a slight setback. I screwed up something so bad, I decided a reinstall would be quicker than trying to figure out what I had done;-)

So, reinstalled, reupgraded, repatched, reprayed, rescanned channels, more beautiful channels, and now I have sound as well!

But, it does not appear that I am pulling the QAM signal. I have just started researching that as far as the card(pchdtv), mythtv, and what my current setup is at the house(already boosted downstairs). But who knows, the signal might be too strong(hey I can hope!). I am pulling the TV listings via Zap2IT and I can schedule and record from analog, watch, pause, rewind live-tv and other various aspects.

So we are getting there....slowly. I have alot of customization to do as well, the basic setup for MythTV leaves me a little unimpressed, however, that could well be my piss-poor "TV" setup at this point.

I have the day off work today, so Ill try to get some captures of the current setup on later this evening.

Ta-ta for now....work to do!

No comments: