Thursday, March 29, 2007

All went smoothly

with the kernel upgrade. Im now running a custom 2.6.20.9 kernel with ivtv, nvidia, and lirc custom modules. I was finally able to finish building MythTV 0.21(from subversion). So now I have absolutely everything at the latest revisions possible, the kernel, the software, the firmware, the bios, and even the OS packages. So I think that part may finally be done.

As for MythTV, the upgrade to 0.21 went well, it upgraded the backend DB automagically and kept everything in place. The only problem was it lost the tuners to begin with, but I was able to get them back in easily. I seem to still have the problem with the digital tuner though. I can pull in the QAM signals just fine, but anything else above 100 I only get a partial lock. I have done absolutely no tuning up until this point, just trying to get everything working together at the same time, but thats done now.

My attack plan is this, in this order:

1) get the tuning complete, NTSC, QAM, ATSC soI can pick up any channel fed by TW

2) Get the recording setup properly so that I dont have to do it manually(ie, I want it to use the digital tuner if the channel is above 100)

3) Check the firewire feed and see if I can:
a) pull the data directly
or
b) use it as additional tuners

4) Complete the channel lineup and feeds(Im not yet receiving the tv listing feeds for the QAM channels)

5) Fix the steaming(though this may be a MythTV problem, I need to research)

6) Play, I want to start being able to do something with remote ;-) Im tired of using the keyboard!!!

Anyhow, thats the grand plan at this point. Im sure changes will be many and often, but for now, thats the current plan.

Off I go...

1 comment:

Ghostlobster said...

Have you defined the criteria for the all important "Beth Seal of Approval" yet?

By the way, see if you can snag a ticket for Friday's game....